The Valspar Corporation (VAL) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
The Valspar Corporation (Valspar) is a paint manufacturer, which develops, produces and distributes a wide range of coatings, paints and related products worldwide. It also manufactures and sells specialty polymers and colorants, besides it markets polymers and dispersions to paint and coatings manufacturers. Valspar sells its products through distribution network including paint dealers and mass merchants in the US, and other retail outlets under several brands including Valspar, Cabot, De Beer, House of Kolor, Plasti-Kote, Huarun, Guardsman and Octoral. The company’s operations spread across the North America, South America, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
The Valspar Corporation - Key Facts 6
The Valspar Corporation - Key Employees 7
The Valspar Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 8
The Valspar Corporation - Major Products and Services 9
The Valspar Corporation - History 10
The Valspar Corporation - Company Statement 14
The Valspar Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
The Valspar Corporation - Key Manufacturing Facilities 18
Section 2 – Company Analysis 19
The Valspar Corporation - Business Description 19
The Valspar Corporation - SWOT Analysis 20
SWOT Analysis - Overview 20
The Valspar Corporation - Strengths 20
Strength - Strong Operating Network 20
Strength - Major Support – Coatings 20
The Valspar Corporation - Weaknesses 21
Weakness - Customer Concentration 21
The Valspar Corporation - Opportunities 22
Opportunity - Eco-friendly Materials Offer Opportunities 22
Opportunity - Increasing Demand for Paints & Coatings 22
Opportunity - Strategi Acquisition 22
The Valspar Corporation - Threats 23
Threat - Environment Regulations 23
Threat - Raw Materials Issues 23
Threat - Intense Competition 23
The Valspar Corporation - Key Competitors 24
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 26
Performance Chart 28
Financial Performance 28
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 29
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 30
Section 4 – Appendix 31
Ratio Definitions 31
About GlobalData 35
Contact Us 35
List of Tables
The Valspar Corporation, Key Facts 6
The Valspar Corporation, Key Employees 7
The Valspar Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
The Valspar Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
The Valspar Corporation, History 10
The Valspar Corporation, Other Locations 15
The Valspar Corporation, Subsidiaries 15
The Valspar Corporation, Key Manufacturing Facilities 18
The Valspar Corporation, Key Competitors 24
The Valspar Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 25
The Valspar Corporation, Annual Ratios 26
The Valspar Corporation, Interim Ratios 29
Currency Codes 31
Capital Market Ratios 31
Equity Ratios 32
Profitability Ratios 32
Cost Ratios 33
Liquidity Ratios 33
Leverage Ratios 34
Efficiency Ratios 34
List of Figures
The Valspar Corporation, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 28
The Valspar Corporation, Ratio Charts 30